Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 6 - January 12, 2010

We woke up bright and early this morning to start a new adventure in Phuket. We had a nice breakfast at the hotel overlooking the grounds.

Then we went on an elephant ride in the jungle of Phuket. We rode about thirty minutes from our hotel to the safari place where Kim and I got to ride Lucky. We went with two other girls who thought the best outfits for riding elephants are swimsuits??? We went through the jungle with Lucky and our guide and got to see the jungle forest. We saw several rubber trees (yes, where they get the rubber to make latex.). The rubber peels right off and is white and wet. Along our ride, we also saw the largest spider ever (it was bigger than our hands). You should be able to see it in the pics.

Halfway through the ride, the guide jumped off the elephant and let Kim and I take the reigns. Kim was a natural being a great horse back rider, but Ali was a big wimp with no balance and the guide saw that and had the elephant going up and down steep hills.

We had a great time. At the end of the ride, we saw a baby elephant "Phuket" who danced and played the harmonica. He even bowed for us at the end of his show. Here is the video.

After the elephant ride and tour through other beaches in Phuket. Along the way home, we saw the Special Ops Unit for Thailand all drinking and having a great time at a local bar while working. It is nice to know we are being protected here! :)

After the ride we decided to have a relaxing day. We had hour long massages and foot massages as well as pedicures by the pool. We laid out in the warm sun for the rest of the day and finished up our trashy novels.

We set out to explore some new terrain for dinner and found a nice Thai restaurant. They had a cheesy Thai/Hawaiian show that the waiter made us stay and watch. They had some guy who twirled fire and some hula dancers. They even called it a Hawaiian show rather than a traditional Thai show which was a little cheesy.

We are exhausted from going non-stop for the past week so are calling it an early night as we have to get up extra early tomorrow for our next adventure!

Here are some pics from the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment