Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 16 - January 22, 2010

I started this morning off with a couple of interviews and then finally had a chance to do some exploring.

Because I had no idea what I was doing, I decided to take a city and coast tour. I got a brief overview of pretty much every site in the city. We went to St. Paul's, the oldest church in Wellington, downtown and saw all the shops and different sites in the city. Then we went up to Mt. Victoria. It was pretty cloudy and the weather wasn't cooperating, so we didn't get the best views, but there are a few pics of the city from up there.

Along the tour, we saw Penguin Crossing signs, as penguins live along the coast and run across the streets. We didn't see any penguins, but I took a pic of the sign. After the coast and Mt. Victoria part of the tour, I had the driver drop me off downtown to go explore.

I went to the Te Papa museum, which shares the Maori (one of the main groups of people from New Zealand's) history!

After a long day of interviewing, working and exploring, I had a nice steak dinner and crashed pretty early! I am hoping to take the ferry to Picton on the South Island if the weather cooperates tomorrow!

Here are a few pics from the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment