Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 15 - January 21, 2010

Haven't posted in a few days because I have been so busy. It took about a day to get from Singapore to Wellington, NZ. On my flight from Singapore to Sydney, I got to fly on the two story plane, which was pretty cool, never been on one of those before. I didn't have a window seat, so I couldn't take any pics of landing in Sydney or New Zealand but both were beautiful places. Maybe on the way home I will get a chance.

The next two days were pretty much spent at the Ministry of Education and in the bathroom. On our last day in Singapore, Declan got really sick with the flu and I think I got it from him. Kim had it the day before we left and Jeffrey and I both got it last night, it was not fun!

I feel much better today and had a great day of interviewing and meeting everyone at the Ministry of Education. My dissertation is off to a great start. One of the staff at the MOE just became a grandfather for the first time a few days ago and the e-Learning team through him a little congratulations party at work this afternoon. We had a great time, but it was very interesting that they are allowed to have alcohol at their work parties. They had wine, beer, and Baileys, and thought it was strange that in America we couldn't drink while we were at work! :)

Tonight at dinner, I planned out my weekend. I am going to take the ferry down to the south island and take a few tours. I am going to go on a Lord of the Rings tour too, even though I have never seen any of the movies, but it should be fun! I will try to keep this up to date with all of my adventures.

The Kiwis are great and New Zealand is beautiful, I don't know if I want to come home!

Here are a few pics of Wellington, I will take better ones this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment